PE and sports funding
At Ormiston South Parade Academy, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of pupils. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
The additional funding provided from the Department for Education is a lump sum of £16,000 plus an additional £10 per pupil. Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
Uses of the funding will include:
- Providing opportunities for pupils, who otherwise would not participate, to get involved in physical activity.
- Providing sustainable extra curricular and inter-school opportunities so our children have a wider access to PE and Sport.
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside and upskill primary teachers to deliver high quality PE
- Paying for professional development opportunities for staff to deliver high quality PE and sport.
- Providing cover to release our teachers for professional development in PE/sport.
- Providing opportunities for children to access a wider range of inclusive sports/physical activity such as ‘samurai arts’, ‘twist n flick’, boxing, zumba, archery, cheerleading etc. by hiring in specialists.