At Ormiston South Parade Academy, we recognise the importance of careers related learning in raising the aspirations of our children. Through our careers programme we aim to inspire pupils, broaden horizons, increase self-esteem and challenge stereotypes. We ensure that by the time our pupils leave OSPA they are well equipped for the next stage in their education.
Our whole school approach to the teaching and learning of Careers involves the following;
- Teachers deliver our careers objectives through enrichment and PSHE lessons.
- Every class has a different career each half term to focus on. These are displayed on the classroom doors.
- A careers stamp is used in the children’s books to identify careers discussions and learning opportunities.
- Careers sessions, workshops and visitor experiences are recorded in each classes enrichment big books.
- Visits and visitors form a large part of our curriculum giving pupils real life, authentic experiences.
- Employability skills are developed through job opportunities around the academy including playground friends, prefects and becoming a member of our academy’s steering group.
- A bespoke transition programme is used to support our year 5 and 6 pupils with moving onto secondary education.
- Children are offered a range of trips and workshops to support with STEM and higher education opportunities.
Please click on the following to view our;